Bhaledhunga Ropeway Project
Project Management Consultancy
Sikkim Government, Tourism department had planned ropeway from Dhapper in Yang Yang area to Bhaley Dunga (Mountain Peak) to enhance tourism in the region and Sikkim as a whole.
The ropeway coming up from Dhapper (foot hill) to Bhaley Dunga (mountain Peak) is a Mono Cable De teachable Ropeway system. The ropeway carrying capacity is 400 person per hour deploying 18 cabins of an individual seating capacity of 8 passengers. It has 18 Towers in the toughest terrain, covered with thick forest.
The system is designed for a max speed of 6 m/s. However, the speed can be adjusted from 0-6 m/s. The ropeway technology conforms to latest European Standards and is supplied by M/S Poma, France – one of the leaders in ropeway and urban mobility systems
Our Scope and Approach:
Ronmas India Private Limited (RIPL) has been awarded the job of Project Management by the project proponent.
• Assistance in topographical survey and freezing alignment of the ropeway.
• Obtaining a concept and location of stations and Towers from technology and equipments.
• Assistance to technology supplier to validate the position of stations and Towers.
• Assistance to client during civil construction.
• Assistance to client towards logistics, material transportation custom clearance.
• Assistance to client during erection of electro mechanical equipment and commissioning including load trial.
• Lastly the project Management , where to ensure the execution is on schedule with finding solutions to the irritants which come in any
• System: Mono Cable Detachable System
• Designed Capacity: 400 PPH
• Length: 3310 metres
• Vertical Rise: 1348 metres
• No of Cabins: 18
• Speed: 6 metres per second
• Main Haulage rope: 52 mm diameter
• No of Towers: 18
• Main motor: 530 KW