Gulmarg Gondola Project
Project Management Consultancy
Gulmarg, located in Jammu & Kashmir, is a famous and popular skiing resort. To enhance skiing infrastructure at Gulmarg and cater to increasing ski tourist inflow, the Jammu & Kashmir Government decided to extend, Gulmarg Gondola from Kangdori to Apharwat by adding new section of the ropeway known as Gulmarg Gondola Phase 2. This ropeway is used by professional skiers and tourist visiting snow clad mountain at Apharwat.
The Monocable Detachable Grip system Ropeway is of latest European Standard supplied by M/S POMA, France one of the leaders in Ropeway and Urban mobility systems.
Our Scope and Approach:
Ronmas India Pvt. Ltd. (RIPL) was awarded Project Management Consultancy for the job for erection and commissioning.
• Topographical survey and finalizing alignment of the ropeway.
• Assistance to technology supplier to validate the position
of station and Towers.
• Civil construction.
• Logistics, material transportation and custom clearance
• Erection of electro mechanical equipment and commissioning including load trial.
• System: Monocable Detachable Grip System
• Capacity: 600 PPH
• Length: 2688 M
• Vertical Rise: 879 M
• No. Of Cabins: 36
• Cabin capacity: 4 seater
• Speed: 5 M/S
• No of Towers: 18
• Hauling Rope Dia:40.5 mm
• Main Electro Motor : 420 KW
Project Execution Fees:
Completion Date: May 2005